Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving....

Well, this is going to be one of the "pictureless posts" that nobody really cares to look at but
before we head out to California tomorrow, it seemed appropriate to put in writing some of the
things that have been on my mind the last few days as I count my many blessings, so here goes.
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
  • A beautiful family who are all healthy and happy numbering 26 with #27 due to arrive on Feb. 2nd.
  • The fact that they all have a place to be for this holiday...even if it isn't with me. (Thank you to the Cotton-betteridge family for taking in Brad and Co.)
  • That I get to have a NEW experience this Thanksgiving with my oldest and youngest children and their families!!
  • That my dear Mom is so happy in her new place and that she feels safe and cared for.
  • That Johnnie Belle is doing so well and soon to be 90!!
  • That both Mike and Steve are cancer free.
  • That my dear cousin Butch didn't have to suffer too long with his cancer and that he was so at peace when he passed away a few weeks ago.
  • That I have a great new job with people I really like and enjoy working with.
  • That life is still so good when things don't go the way you expect them to.
  • That I have someone to share this experience with who loves me and that I have him to love and care for.
  • That I KNOW the Lord loves me and that because of that knowledge, it will all work out.
  • That I am so blessed to live in this country, to have been born to great parents, in great circumstances, with a great childhood and to have found the Gospel early in my life. That has made all the difference. WOW!!

So there you have it....late night ramblings while I wait to switch the wash and get ready to head out. I'll miss being with all my little chicklets but each and everyone of them are in my heart....ALWAYS!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! XOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. could you be a better mother? no. thank you for your example. indeed much to be thankful for.

    NOW GET YOUR BUNS HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim & Eileen took us in this Thanksgiving, though the CB clan invited us, I just want to be with Williams on Thanksgiving. Thank you Eileen!!

    ReplyDelete