Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September Birthdays with "Old" Friends

Yesterday two of my oldest and dearest
friends and I made a date to celebrate our
shared September birthdays in one of our
shared favorite locations, Sundance.
Jeanne and Connie have been my buddies through
thick and thin. We have shared all of the good and
bad times together over decades. We raised our
kids together, shared confidences, celebrated successes,
cried over heart aches together and laughed until our
sides and faces hurt. Even when we haven't been together
for ages, we get back together and it's like we have never
been apart. My only complaint is that we don't get
to be together enough because....well, life happens!
We took the time to ride the lift up the mountain
and take in the view of the seasons changing...
and talk and laugh until the world called us
back to reality. We had a wonderful leisurely
lunch on the patio of the Foundry Grill and
shared dessert.
I love these two gorgeous ladies and I'm so grateful
that I have had their friendship over the years.
Friends fill a void that others just can not.
Thanks, my dear friends, for a wonderful day!
Let's do it again soon....
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. i like these friends... you should keep them. and i hope i find a jeanne of my own. she's the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty ladies. I like these friends as well. I am with paige...jeanne is the bomb of a friend. I think you should do more with them. You don't see them enough. So glad you had such a fun day with them.

    ReplyDelete