Thursday, April 21, 2011

I HATE BEING SICK!!!

So, I feel like CRAP.... and I hate when I can't get on top of an illness. I know I shouldn't complain because I really haven't been sick all winter. Usually when I start to get something, I push the fluids, try to get some extra sleep and before you know it....I'm up and running again.

But, this last week when I spent a whole lot of time with a whole lot of little people with runny noses and colds (and let's face it, who can resist smooshing those cuties, regardless of their health conditions?) and combined that with less than normal amounts of sleep...way less than normal amounts...I wound up on the down-side of this nasty cold. Everyday I've been telling myself, "I'll feel better tomorrow" and then I just don't.

So, I broke down and went to the Dr. tonight. I called to try to see my regular physician and they couldn't fit me in until next week....big help that would be! Instead, I wandered into the InstaCare up the road. About 5 minutes and $136 later (love having NO insurance!) I held a prescription in my hands for an antibiotic that I was told would make a big difference in a day or two....seems I have a pretty good sinus infection and slight bronchialitis. I headed to the pharmacy and one of my sisters ex-boyfriends from ions ago is the pharmacist there. He knows of our insurance situation and was kind enough to work a deal for me and gave me the prescription at pharmacy cost. I KNEW I wasn't myself when his kindness made me cry.

I'm going to bed and will face what all I need to do in the morning. Four hours of sleep a night just isn't enough for me and that's about what I have been averaging. TTFN

(P.S. I promise this will be one of the few "whiny-butt" posts I will share.)

2 comments:

  1. you know you are sick when YOU complain. i need nannie to get better.... she has a big weekend ahead of herself. you crazy.

    love love love you and i promise my kids arent sick anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady! You need to remember to take care of yourself too!

    So glad u r on the mend mama! Get well soon and we miss you!

    ReplyDelete