Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas to New Year's


Those days between Christmas and New Years
are always some of my favorites.
The stress is over and you can just
chill out and enjoy your family without
worrying about work or shopping, etc.
(BTW...I stay away from the mall during
those days!) It's your down time before you
have to face the reality of the New Year.

This little group always makes the trek up
here a day or two after Christmas to get
a little snow time in and play with the
cousins. I'm SOOO glad they live within
four hours so it makes this trip not too
painful. They are kind of the family rock stars...
everyone wants some Lamoreaux time!

The other great thing about this time is
I can persuade someone to play cards with
me and you know I love me a little Rummy!
Late night cards in our jammies with a few treats
is my favorite!!

And these sweeties are kind enough to
include Mike and me in their New Year's Eve
outing to dinner. This year it was at Bonsai....yum!
Unfortunately, the grandbabies were passing around
croup so Kennan and Brad were home with
little sick ones and couldn't join in.
We declined the invite for games at the
Jackson's home and just went home to
watch a movie...yeah that's right...
we are getting OLD!!

And as much as I love Christmas and all
the trimmings, it's always somewhat of a
relief to get it all de-decked and get
back to some normality. So that took
place during that week as well...with
a little help from Miss Paige and a lot
of help from Mr. Mike. Although he slept
through most of the week due to serious
jet lag, he came through when it counted...
still love him!!
So....there you have it. A new week,
a new year and lots of hope for some
improvement in 2010. Just like
the January inversion....you know
there is some sunshine up there somewhere!!

1 comment:

  1. you mean with an extra set of eyes from Paige while she watched me de-deck right?
    I may be doing the same thing to my own home right now... except no one is de-decking it I just keep staring at it.

    ReplyDelete