Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Santa Clara Sugar Babies

Remember how I was going to remember my camera? Well, I arrived at Robyn's house only to find that I had left my camera on the counter at home! :( So we have yet another pictureless post! Anyhoo....I got to spend five days with Robyn's cute group while Robyn accompanied Bob to some meetings in San Diego. They were kind enough to fly me down and back so I didn't have to make the drive. It's always a pleasure to spend some quality Nannie time with that group. Since I don't have photos, I thought I'd just document some of the memorable moments:
  1. Observing Tucker and Abe fully engrossed in their book of choice. These two love to read!
  2. Building a tent in the family room that stayed up until Mom and Dad were coming home.
  3. Playing American Girl dolls with Gwynn and having her neighbor friend look at me like I'm a weird-o because I am.
  4. Having Gil just randomly ask me if I will snuggle with him.
  5. Sharing the king size bed with Gwynn and Gil every night.
  6. Remembering what it's like to deal with kids that write on walls and washing machines that don't work when you have 4 or 5 loads to wash!
  7. Having Abe tell me to be sure to share my recipe for banana pudding with his Mom (such a delicacy!).
  8. Being the one that the sad child runs to for comfort when they are hurt or sad.
  9. Smiling to myself as each of these Sugar Babies tries to convince me that their Mom lets them do something I know full well she doesn't!
  10. Being a hero because I can make a ninja star from paper and can figure out the instructions for the paper airplane.
  11. Having to call Child Protective Services on a crazy mom at the boy's school (traumatic for the boys to observe the scene that required the call!).
  12. Giggling as Gil exclaims "this is TOO much!" when his Mom and Dad show him what they brought him.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Lamoreaux crew and even though childrearing is for the young...Nannie time is priceless! Thanks, Robyn and Bob, for trusting me with the most precious things in your life and for giving me the opportunity to build some great memories with those charming children of yours. I couldn't have been anywhere better. I have a special place in my heart for those Sugar Babies and I can't wait to meet their baby brother. XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Come, come now....it is our family that is so grateful for your time. We are so lucky to have you as a grandma and my kids ADORE you. Gil couldn't push us out the door fast enough. We cherish our relationship with you...all of us in this Lamoreaux family. I think it's true when Gil told you that you were the "best nannie EVER" I am only sorry your eldest son doesn't recoginze the importance of those family relationships. I would be so sad with out you in my life.
    Thanks for giving us one last trip before baby boy gets here...we enjoyed it thoroughly. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete