Tuesday, August 17, 2010

37 years and counting...


Well, this was going to be a picture-less post, but I can't let the day
go by without giving a shout out to my dear lifetime companion.
Thirty seven years ago today, we were married for time and
all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple and I truly haven't regretted
it for more than a few minutes (let's be honest...we all have
a few moments!). This is a good man I chose and he and I
have made a pretty darn good team. Hopefully we can continue
to be that team forever... on the other side too! We have shared
some of the most incredible experiences and all that matters most
to me in life is connected to him in every way.
He continues to surprise me with his true colors that always
shine through when it counts most. Most recently, I have been
blown away with his tender care and concern for my Mom. He has
gone above and beyond the call of duty and I will be forever grateful.
We aren't really celebrating today because life is just a little too complicated,
but in the VERY near future, we plan to take a few moments and revisit
all the reasons we started down this path together. When he is really
present, there is still no one I'd rather spend my time with.
After all these years, we just sort of "get" each other.
We said we wanted to grow old together and looking in the
mirror, we realize that we ARE!!
Thanks, Honey, for a wonderful ride. I have NO doubt
that there are still some great things to come.
CAN'T WAIT!!!
XOXOXOXO

6 comments:

  1. well, i for one am glad you got married.

    thanks for sticking together when the going got rough. you showed me that even when its hard, quitting is NOT an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, hope you have time to celebrate soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys. You do make a great team. I am with Kennan, I am glad you got married. Happy Anniversary....thanks for sharing your day with Us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they have been 37 fantastic years myself... well the 23 i've been a part of have been. i love you two and am sure glad it was the two of you i came from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel like there should be AT LEAST 2 more comments than there are...

    ahem... brad and brooke. bryce is a wild card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have noticed form reading your family's blog, that all the girls got married in August also. Is is a tradition to get married in August? I was wondering if they were trying to share your date with you. I myself got married the day before my parents anniversary. Just a little family connection.

    ReplyDelete