Sunday, August 15, 2010

California Dreamin'....

You know how it feels when you can't visualize someone
you love? When you don't know where they are?
Or as Minie says, "When I don't know how to find you."
That's how I felt about Paige until this last week
when I made a trip out to see her in her new home and
to help her with a few home improvement projects.
Granny and I left on Sunday, arrived on Monday,
and Paige and I dug in on Tuesday.

She had some very ambitious ideas for her new home.
Her new home was completely white and she was ready to
give it some serious character.

Little Mr. Brig was a very big help as you can see!
Is he cute or what???



Granny Billie found a chair and an afghan and was
content to watch baseball and our project progress.
Did I mention that Brig LOVES Granny Billie?
He smiles from ear to ear whenever she speaks to him...
much to her complete delight!

As you can see from our "prep" work, there was a lot to do.
Paige had a vision!










The project took us all week and it wasn't even complete
when we left on Saturday, but it's going to be fabulous.
By about 3/4 of the way through, Paige was ready to abandon
her "vision" and start over. But when I left she was stepping back
a bit and liking it more. When she gets it all put together it will
be amazing!

Other events of the week included dinner with Bryce, Lisa,
Miranda and Asher two evenings in a row, a very LONG evening
in the emergency room with Granny (kidney infection), and
a lovely drive through Guernville to the beach.






Nothing soothes the soul like a little time by the
ocean. Granny was nervous the whole drive and
didn't want to get out by the sea, but she hung out
in the car while we enjoyed a little time together.




Did I mention that Miranda has grown into this
beautiful young woman? Breath taking.....really!



Brig loved the ocean....I have a feeling he and his
Mommy may be spending a lot of time there.


The best part was just being with some of my most
favorite people in the world! It doesn't matter what
we are doing....work or play....it's all fun to me.








Just seeing this guy was worth the 24 hours of driving!
Thanks for a great visit. I love your home and
most of all I love you!!


And Asher somehow became the "Karate Kid"
and has found his niche in the world.
His goal: black belt by age 12.
No doubt he will make it!


And it turns out, Bryce is Lance Armstrong!
Boy these Californians make you feel like a sloth.
With the exception of the ER visit and
Paige's temporary decorating melt-down,
it was a fantastic visit and I
hope to be able to return VERY soon.
I love you, my California kids!!
I miss you already....:(
XOXOXOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. I love the paint and so glad you made it home safe. Do you ever sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't tell you how much it meant to me to have you come help. granted i feel like a horrible daughter for putting you to work like that... me had no idea :( but you are now a permanent part of my house and i sure loved being with you work or play! come back soon, we love you to much here!

    ReplyDelete