Sunday, April 25, 2010

My First "DATE" with Jude

Kennan had yet another Dr. appointment for Greta this week, so I
asked her if I could take Jude for the day on a "date". Turns out
Jude doesn't like to call it a "date" because his girlfriend is
Greta (that's what he told me!). But lucky me got to spend most
of the day with this little charmer. We hit Mickey D's for a leisurely
lunch and then made our way to a matinee of "How to Train Your Dragon"
which Jude had already seen but I had not. He brought along all his little
action figures from the movie and I think he loved it as much the
2nd time as he did the first. We might have also made a stop at
Wal-Mart to search for the dragon he was missing from his collection
and BINGO...we found it! He helped me make dinner and hung out
for the rest of the day until Mom, Dad and Greta came down to
join us. What a great day and what a great boy!
Best smile in the world!!

I really love this little guy! And one on one time
with him is far and above the BEST... he loves the
girls but I love getting a glimpse into what he thinks
when we are one on one.

Thanks for the great day,
Judakins...let's do it again real soon!!

In addition....we were lucky enough to have Mike's 2nd
cousins, Jan Benson Lindsey and Trish Benson Andrew,
stay with us this week while they were moving Tric's daughters
out of BYU for the summer. We didn't see much of them
except in the evenings but we had a fun time staying up
late and catching up on family history and gossip with them.
Mike has great memories of spending time in the Benson's
home while on his mission back East. I think he has a
picture just like this when he was 19 and Jan and Tricia
were young girls. It was great to see them again!

2 comments:

  1. best nannie ever. oh and far away siblings? you get this treatment when you live close. jude loves nannie and has already told me that he is going to see toy story with her (alone again). thanks for helping out nan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brig wants to know when he gets a date?


    Oh and dad.... When did you get so old looking?

    ReplyDelete